Friday 16 March 2012

Today I received some colour prints back (from 2 years ago!!!) and my recent 2nd attempt at infrared.


The quality of the colour film prints is good-really good.


Unfortunately its so long ago I cant recall which camera I used but hazarding a guess I'd say it was the Fuji GS645S. And there appears to be a light leak in it.


Still not happy with my infrared prints. Only 2 have come out and they aren't that good.


I went to Focus in Birmingham last week and spoke with staff on the Ilford stand. The Fuji GS645S film speeds will only go to 25. The staff on the stand said it wasn't enough. The film is Ilford SFX 200 so it has a film speed of 200. Put an infrared filter on it and it needs 4 extra stops of exposure which would even then, need to be bracketed. 



I did bracket but at  ISO 25 that wouldn't have been enough. The negatives are clear which would indicate that the images were underexposed (!!I think!!) which would make sense.


I am getting there slowly but it is taking time (and money!!).


My Minolta 7000 will also only go to 25 so I need to adjust for it, and find an extra stop plus bracketing.


I am away this weekend in the Peak District so I will be trying it again but with extra information. Maybe this time I can get more 'keepers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, comments always welcome-especially constructive ones!