Sunday 17 May 2015

Iceland off the holiday list

Iceland-off the holiday list
I have wanted to go to Iceland for 30 years, I believe the country to be spectacular for photography, then I saw this film. Puffins being killed by locals for food, eggs taken from birds nests on a sheer cliff face to give an alternative to battery eggs (and sold to local supermarkets)-when a simple solution to that would maybe be to create a farm which provides eggs from chickens that aren't battery farmed (!). Then rounding up wild horses taking them straight to market, new foals, and the stress of coming into contact with humans, awful. One man in the film said that being one with nature and the horses was being in tune with nature and having respect for it, I think he was confusing respect for domination. I wont spend my money there, I'll make the best of what

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, comments always welcome-especially constructive ones!